Details for Operations Field Technician Wanted
We are hiring!
Location: Watauga/Ashe Counties
Applications will be accepted at Elkin Location
Call 336-526-2690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Operations Field Technician
DEPARTMENT: Field Operations
The Operations Field Technician performs a wide variety of tasks in the field relating to the planning, installation, and maintenance of piping system, and to serving its residential, commercial and industrial customers. This individuals primary work is on the piping system, pressure regulating equipment, and customer meters. Daily duties entail performing installations, rebuilds, and adjustments of nearly any component of the utility field infrastructure. As well as locating natural gas facilities and meter reading.
The Operations Field Technician will enter businesses, industrial complexes, and customers homes and makes contact with business proprietors, homeowners, and industrial plant owners and operators, mostly by explaining complex topics to these subjects. If necessary, this individual will prepare written memos communicating complex topics and problems to customers.
- Installation of new equipment (Meters, ERT's, Regulator, etc.)
- Perform system maintenance
- Maintain a company vehicle
- Control job inventory
- Provide as-built information for company records
- Self-inspect company operation activities
- Facility Locates
- Meter Reads
- 3rd Party Job Observation
- Leak Investigation/Patrolling Facilities
- Maintain Operator Qualifications
- Be put into an on-call rotation
- Respond to Emergency situations
- Maintain company tools and equipment
High school diploma is required for this position.
The individual will be expected to have a valid motor vehicle license.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas verbally and in writing is crucial for ease of understanding between customers, authorities, and fellow employees.
- An analytical ability to investigate electrical and mechanical indications and use them to arrive at solutions to complex problems facilitates job duties immensely.
- A motor vehicle operator with valid license is required, and the applicant must be bondable with no record of felony convictions.
- Experience with Microsoft office as similar computer programs is desirable.
Daily activity is fast paced, physically demanding, and with production goals. Duties involve heavy lifting and manual labor. The individual must be available for emergency call-outs and be able to work extended hours; job site reporting is common.
Majority of the workday is spent outdoors; therefore this individual is exposed to (and must have tolerance for) extremes of heat, cold, noise, and dust. Exposure to construction equipment and normal driving hazards is encountered regularly.
SAFETY SENSITIVE JOB:
This is a safety sensitive job and as such is subject to random drug testing as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.). Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical examination and completing DOT OQ courses.
This job description is not a contract nor implied to be all inclusive. As a result duties may change from time to time. This description should be reviewed at least annually to ensure duties are appropriately stated. The employees signature acknowledges receipt of this description.